Saturday 25th October 2014

Everywhere you look: bucket bags

Screen Shot 2014-08-11 at 3.52.16 PM

I love bucket bags—they are `70s in the best, most classic Shelly-Hack-in-a-Charlie-Ad kind of way, and whenever they become a thing again, as they seem to every five years or so, I always find myself wanting one. This version is big enough for laptop-lugging, which is nice.

Screen Shot 2014-08-11 at 3.53.43 PM

And I love the tassel and front zip details here.

Screen Shot 2014-08-11 at 5.03.25 PM

This cotton woven number doubles as a backpack.

zara faux croc

The embossed leather here looks like super-luxe croc.

Screen Shot 2014-08-11 at 4.45.30 PM

And finally: a wicked cute beachy option.

Posted on August 12th, 2014 8 Comments

1. Lori says:

Love the Sophie Anderson!!

2. Sara B says:

Can we have a cute but not crazy combat boot roundup next? I love these but can’t manage them at that price. I need your help and refined-edgy taste.

I have a two-seasons ago silver cole-hann bucket bag that I LOVE. Not too big yet holds all I need, one strap so it stays on my shoulder AND it has that lovely flat bottom so it “stands up” when you put it down.

4. Wow, wonderful web site layout! How much time have you been blogging and site-building with regard to? you create running a blog appear easy. The total glance of your web site is fantastic, because intelligently because the content!

5. ramonaquimby says:

Dying for one for the fall. Dream one is YSL’s, but since that was waaay out of my price range I snagged a Mansur Gavriel that seems to be sold out everywhere. In person the bag was a huge disappointment in terms of quality (apparently the brand has had some issues) so back it went and the hunt continues…

6. I am glad the stylish bucket bag is back. I remember it was easier to find your things inside than in a big tote…
    Have you seen the Mansur Gavriel?? LOVE!
    x Nina

A good bucket bag gets me every time! I’m going to swipe my mom’s bamboo handled, light tan one from the 50′s next time I’m home for a visit. I also have a vintage Coach bucket in navy from decades ago that a friend thrifted for me.

8. Ruth says:

Love the look but I can never FIND anything in a bucket bag! Makes me crazy.