Saturday 26th July 2014

Tuesday links

circle back

• To everyone out there who’s been driven mad by bloodless corporate doublespeak, this is for you. (Use Sparingly)
  • The best TV shows that were never on TV. (Flavorwire)
  • Meth labs turn up in the craziest places. (Time)
  • This is Spinal Tap, the Video Music Awards, and a bunch of other things you might be astonished to learn turn 30 this year. (Mental Floss)
  • Is the world ready for the yoga jean? (Racked)
Posted on June 17th, 2014 15 Comments

1. claite says:

I don’t know if the world is ready for the yoga jean, but I am, at least in theory. If they aren’t a total nightmare in person, I’m in! Could be ideal plane pants. If I get my hands on a pair, I will report back.

• Mae says:

The ideal pants for travel are the Bettona Boyfriends from Athleta. Actually, they’re ideal for any situation which requires comfort. Which is every situation, in my world.

Yoga jeans? No. Just. No.

3. Mae says:

I forwarded the corporate doublespeak link to my colleagues and challenged them to a little Buzzphrase Bingo during our quarterly investor call next Monday. Should be a blast.

4. Lesa says:

I am so tempted to buy the yoga jeans right now.

• Lesa says:

I just did it. If anyone else is tempted, I saved 20% with the coupon code “mom20″

• claite says:

Please tell us how they are – I’m sorely tempted to order them. If they look like they do in the picture on racked, they’re pretty good! Like I said, perfect pants for plane trips, movies, etc.

• Lesa says:

Mine just arrived. Agree, the yoga jeans totally live up to the hype. Love them, with two caveats — they seem a bit too heavy for summer, so I probably won’t wear them for a few months. Also, at least right now, the only style available is a sort of faux worn look…not my preference, all else being equal. But, the fit, appearance and comfort are amazing. Wearing these will be my end of summer consolation prize.

• claite says:

OK – I ordered the yoga jeans and they just arrived. THEY ARE AWESOME. They look 100% like jeans, with dark wash and light whispering, but feel like yoga pants. If this at all appeals to you, get them.

5. Heather says:

they forgot “elevate” and “align.”

6. lorimac says:

I have just found out from your Tuesday links that they won’t be making the American Gods miniseries. I am unreasonably unhappy about this decision. Sigh.