Tuesday 30th September 2014

Print of the week

Screen Shot 2014-01-07 at 5.55.59 PM

Quite a lot of print, yes. But when you’re on crazy arctic lockdown and layers are the rule of the day, it’s nice to throw something a little unexpected in there between your sweater and big-ass parka.

Tags: , ,
Posted on January 8th, 2014 6 Comments

I like the idea of something unexpected beneath that parka, but the material of this top looks a little stiff and maternity-ish. But, that’s me.

Dignity??? How boring! This simply isn’t loud enough! Why not have some fun and get something Icelandic with some reindeer on it!!! Come on, you might as well get something out of that weather.

Please tell me you at least wear a silly hat. It may be that Manhattanites worry too much about what other people think.

• Viajera says:

I mean, there’s nothing wrong with this at all, as it is. Just too quiet for me.

• joannawnyc says:

I hate to disappoint you but 90% of NYers have a black down jacket/coat. The rest are in navy, dark green or gray. In context, this coat practically screams FUN!

• Viajera says:

That’s an excellent point. Plus, I am a prime wear-too-much black offender. So I am full of cr*p! Not only that, I have two Scandinavian sweaters that I really didn’t ever need, and haven’t worn yet. So, even more full of it! (I’m working up to wearing them though. They are soooo cute.)

I think though she was going to wear this under the understandably and practical subdued jacket? So I thought, what the heck. I kinda miss snow. Not ice though.

3. emmah says:

Unfortunately, this is already sold out in most sizes except XS. It would be fun if it were available! Kim, what would you recommend for a good parka to go over it? I like the military styles, but I’m not sure what looks good and what is just ugly.