Tuesday 30th September 2014

Monday links

paris-time-capsule3

• Do take a look at these remarkable pictures of a Paris apartment that has remained completely untouched since 1942. (Viralnova)
  • And as long as we’re on the wayback machine: this list of 30 things that will turn 30 in 2014 messed with my head a little. (Mental Floss)
  • Love these vintage photos of Herman Miller offices. (Fast Company)
  • God help us all. (Laughing Squid)
  • File this under: kind of interesting things I’m nevertheless rather shocked someone got paid to study. (Time)
Posted on January 6th, 2014 7 Comments

Hoodsie…so you have to unzip, pull your arms out of the sleeve and pull the whole top part completely off (no doubt dragging on the floor) in order to pee (if you’re a girl). WHY would I want to do that?!?!?!

2. Leslie says:

Hoodsie’s slogan could be, “Not as awful as a Snuggie.”

Plus, they’d be no good to sleep in if you are a back sleeper. Inevitably the hood will come off and get bunched up under your upper shoulders, completely whackifying your alignment.

Pass.

But I guess for just lounging around in, maybe.

Can I just say, “taxidermy … why???”

5. jhops says:

Great … now I’m going to start making a mental note of where my dog is facing when she poops in the yard. Because everyone I know doesn’t already think I’m nuts.

6. KHM says:

As a woman who wore a green flight suit for four years out of professional necessity, I can tell you that using the restroom in a Hoodsie is going to be a nightmare. You must unzip it all of the way down and then somehow wrap the top three quarters of fabric (arms included) around your knees while simultaneously squatting down to make a good landing on the toilet. Under no circumstances do you want those sleeves or any part of the upper three quarters to touch the floor of a restroom. Why? Because then you are essentially wearing the bathroom floor on your arms or torso. No thank you.

The next challenge becomes getting it back on after you are done with your restroom business. You don’t want to move too quickly and lose control of one of those arms. It may end up in the toilet. Don’t suggest closing the toilet seat first. Sometimes, depending on the size of the bathroom, closing the lid isn’t possible (think airplane bathroom).

Granted, the audience for this product may not care about not having toilet floor funk on the wrists of their garment. I personally know that there is no amount of alcohol or Colorado cash crop that could make me not care about that sort of thing.

7. Liz says:

Wait, I had practically the same hooded jumpsuit when I was in my 20′s. It was raspberry velour with cap sleeves and I wore it all the time. People loved it. It didn’t have a drop crotch, though.