Thursday 28th August 2014

I live for the weekenders

Screen Shot 2013-05-23 at 10.03.19 AM

I’m not a fan of the logos, but Kirsten Dunst’s diminutive Goyard suitcase is quite charming

Is there anything better than the perfectly good excuse of an impending holiday to show you guys some excellent overnight bags? I think probably not.

luggagebag

This extra-roomy Filson tote has a fun, unexpected shape, and is made of Japanese selvedge denim, which won’t get all dingy the way that regular canvas can.

luggageclarevivier

I’m a sucker for a well-executed red, white, and blue combination.

Hacienda Bag

Here is an ethnic print bag just like I like them best: in a nice, clean, uncomplicated shape.

luggagepantherprint

I couldn’t not with this print, which is panthers and roses(!) and also with the price, which is $64.

Posted on May 23rd, 2013 7 Comments

1. Liz Kennedy says:

They are all adorable and great for the long weekend. I also want to share some of the overnight bags from Everlane. In case you hadn’t seen/heard of this website, please check it out. The women’s tees are to die for–reasonably priced and comfy. Happy-almost-long-weekend, Kim and fellow readers! :)

bags: https://www.everlane.com/collections/weekender-shop-womens

tees: https://www.everlane.com/collections/womens-luxury-tees

2. WCT says:

Love the panther/rose print but the link just shows the jpeg. Where did you see this? if I can ask,
    Cheers,
    Wendy

3. gablesgirl says:

Would love you to chat more about selvedge denim. What am I missing out on?

4. Janet says:

You are amazing. No sooner had I started my search for an industrial sort of tote and you introduce me to Filson! Thanks.

5. hmph says:

Please, please stop using the word “ethnic” as a descriptor. When you use the word ethnic as a catch-all to describe any aesthetic that is not obviously western, all you are really saying is this is some brown people stuff I haven’t even bothered to figure out. But OMG so trendy!

Also as a fashionista you should be educated enough to know that the so called ethnic print you mention in your post is not even a print. Its a weave clearly of central american origin.

• KimFrance says:

Point well taken.
      In the future, I’ll try whenever possible to provide a point of origin.
      All I ask in return is that you never again refer to me as a fashionista.