Wednesday 1st October 2014

Wednesday links

Screen shot 2013-04-02 at 10.07.46 PM

•  When Google Earth goes bloop. (Daily What)
  • All about the Senate’s taxpayer-subsidized barbershop, where you can get yourself a nice manicure, but you can’t get anyone to gossip about the clients.  (Mother Jones)
  • Definitive evidence that it’s never too late: two 90 year-olds racing the 100-meter dash. Actually kind of fast, too.
  • The fascinating story of Dr. Seuss and his secret hat closet. (Collector’s Weekly)
  • When did Prince become so not fun?  (AV Club)
Posted on April 3rd, 2013 6 Comments

1. mims says:

That doctor seuss piece was crazy, but the side bar link at Collectors Weekly (http://www.collectorsweekly.com/articles/leading-the-charge-against-casual-style/) took me to an even more crazy fabulous piece. Thanks you made my day with these finds.

• Viajera says:

I’m halfway through your linked piece, and wow!!! She’s amazing.

• Viajera says:

From the CW piece: “One woman told me that she actually looked forward to my entering a room because I elevated the energy in the room. That’s when I got that what I do, the dressing, is important and that it’s my way of contributing to the world. It is a gift, and the way God expresses herself through me. I’m so grateful for this art form because I don’t have to invite you to my studio to see my painting. You get to see it on me. I get to wear it, live it, be it. As a bicyclist, it’s great fun because I bike all over the city, and I give them all a show.”

OMg, my new heroine!

Also, cr*p. There go all my excuses for not riding a bike.

• mims says:

yes, aren’t those clothes amazing! And the photos just go on and on. She really is a charachter and she does that pistachio green Bianchi justice. I do think she should wear a helmet though, one traumatic brain injury and all that great fashion mojo is down the drain.

• Maria says:

What a fabulous lady! Thanks for the link.

2. AmyM says: