Friday 24th October 2014

Allow me to be frank

Screen shot 2013-02-04 at 8.44.51 PM

The past 72 hours have been trying. There has been unpleasant news. There have been unsavory encounters. And server crashes, because when bad things happen, they tend to pile on. So please indulge me for bringing you cute tops with animals printed on them, even though the last time I did so was not so very long ago. I’m pretty sure it’s my way of closing my eyes, going LALALALALA, and pretending everything’s fine.* Thanks for that. Lookie here guys: wee yellow birdies!

Screen shot 2013-02-04 at 8.55.48 PM

And zebras on a grid.

Screen shot 2013-02-04 at 9.07.39 PM

Butterflies, saved from too-cutesiness by a nice deep green.

Screen shot 2013-02-04 at 9.10.35 PM

Very origami-inspired kittycats on a super-slouchy top.

Screen shot 2013-02-04 at 9.50.56 PM

Birds looking remarkably wearable on a tank.

Screen shot 2013-02-04 at 9.23.00 PM

You have to really zoom in one this doggie print to fully appreciate its fantabulosity. Or maybe you just have to be a crazy-ass dog person.

*Which it will be.

Tags: ,
Posted on February 4th, 2013 14 Comments

1. Donna says:

I hope that things get better soon, Kim. I love the slouchy cat shirt, and in general I don’t like things with animals on them. These are nice, small prints, tastefully done, though. Much better than the cutesy stuff.
    Donna

2. mauimermaid says:

No need to apologise for a fun animal print. I particularly love the butterflies – that green is gorgeous!

3. kathyj says:

I also hope things are better soon!

Oh, and I kind of want all of those tops.

4. When Life serves you lemons, shove them right back up Life’s ass.

(I believe that’s how that one goes.)

5. Meegan says:

They are fine examples. Between them and a good long walk with your real dog, you’d have to be on the up.

6. charlotte says:

Thank you for the post! I think I’m in LALALALA mode too… regardless, I ordered the doggie print shirt – it’s just too cute – and I really don’t care if it’s a little too “young” for me or not ;-p Now, what can I wear it with so I can get away with it at work???

7. Teresa says:

We must have the same black cloud hanging over our heads. Sheesh. What a rotten few days it’s been.

Sorry you’ve had a time of it.

Love the bird tank.

Why do shirts almost ALWAYS have breast patch pockets? I hate them. Whenever I find a rare patch-pocket-less shirt I buy it. I have very few shirts.

9. mims says:

the wee kitty beasties please! And you can be frank, just don’t become a shirley

10. mslewis says:

You can show me a good animal print anytime you want. I especially like cats but that butterfly shirt is all kinds of wonderful. Hope everything turns out okay for you soon.

11. AmyM says:

Oh little Bird Tank, how I wish you came in plus sizes. Yet another reminder that I’ve promised myself to learn to sew. Hope your dark cloud moves on soon, Kim.

12. Liz Kennedy says:

Love them all. I’ll be stalking the J.Crew shirt until it goes on sale. Or find something similar at the J.Crew Factory store. Sorry to hear you are having a time of it as of late. Sending you sunny thoughts from LA and prayers that things get better. Your blog has gotten me through my own share of rough patches and for that I am grateful.