Thursday 24th April 2014

Would you?

Glitter. It’s a lot, I know. And it comes off in your hands and on your clothes. And a little goes a long way. But still: these pumps are on the cute side, no?

And how about this J Crew pair? Which is just a bit tamer?

Maybe you’d consider a simple skinny little belt.

Or choose to punctuate an evening outfit with a smart little clutch, like this.

Or possibly, you might just say to hell with settling for only the simplest dash of drama, and go out and get yourself a pair of super-tight, glittery-ass jeans.

Tags: , , , , ,
Posted on December 10th, 2012 13 Comments

1. carmencatalina says:

I love, love, love that first pair of pumps.

2. Katharine says:

Can’t do glitter. I have big texture issues with certain fabrics and clothes, and every single one of these items is making my hands cringe just imagining how they’d feel.

3. Sylvia says:

I agree. Totally love the first pair!

4. Corrin says:

I’m obsessed with the navy pumps. I just have to figure out how to walk in 4 inch heels.

5. Alexa says:

I would, and did, with the first pair of pumps. Now I just have to get the nerve up to wear them, instead of just admiring them in my closet.
    The main obstacle is not the glitter, it’s the heel height. I’ll need a few practice walks before I actualy leave the house in them.

6. Jill says:

Not for me. I like shine and sparkle, but usually in sequins, beading, or some other metallic-type version.

That said, I do own a pair of pumps that could technically fall into this category, as they leave a bit of sparkly dust on my hands every time I put them on. But they’re strappy heels and a little less “overall” effect than the shoes you posted.

Never say never, I guess…

Would wear it all except the jeans which are a little too twee for me. (I so hope I’m using the word “twee” correctly)

8. Lyn says:

I love glitter. On my toes. And those first pumps. Love.

9. Sara says:

I love all of this. As long as it doesnt rub off on my skin or clothes I will wear it.

10. CB says:

Yes, but not all at once. ;)

11. daisyj says:

I would do any of these except the jeans, though I’d have nothing but admiration for the person who would take them on. If I had to pick one, I’d probably go with the belt, because it feels like it could be an unexpected touch for an otherwise-subdued party outfit.

Definite yes to glitter but those shoes don’t look remotely comfortable. A little bit of platform never hurts. The jeans are too sausage-y in cut, but otherwise, they’re a yes too.

13. Audrey says:

Since no one has claimed the jeans, I would go for them (with a longer black sleeveless top)! The first pair of shoes is a bit too retro and the J. Crew shoes are striking me as too prissy. I prefer the glitter over beading, which can seem too grandma-ish.