- As this 1980 letter to a pen pal demonstrates, Morrissey was always pretty much Morrissey. (Letters of Note)
- Smartypants Virginia Heffernan on why why Katie Holmes is a feminist icon.
- Read about some John Hughes screenplays that never saw the light of day—the man apparently wrote scripts in his sleep—including one that would have starred Molly Ringwald and Matthew Broderick. (Splitsider)
- The first two minutes of the new season of Dexter are right here. Spolier: It takes up EXACTLY where it left off. (Warming Glow)
- If you’re in New York this weekend and you’re one of those gourmand-ish types, this might be just be up your alley. (Refinery 29)