Sunday 29th November 2015
- So if I want to see The Great Gatsby—check out the trailer here —I have to watch it in 3-D? Why does this keep happening? And can somebody make it stop?
- Saturday Night Live‘s wrap party looks like it was a friendly, rollicking old-school kegger full of really likable famous people. How much fun does Kristin Wiig appear to be having doing a karaoke version of “I Love Rock and Roll” with the Foo Fighters? With Andy Samberg and Jason Sudeikis on backup? What part of that could be not fun? No part!
- Would you like to know where trippy and misogynous intersect? Right where this homemade video of a customer service avatar that’s coming soon to NYC-area airports starts. From The Jane Dough
- A Helmut Lang sample sale! Yes, very New York-centric news of absolutely no use to those of you in the rest of the country, but still: A Helmut Lang sample sale! From Time Out
- Tan mom, meet the competition. From the Frisky
- Writer Jennifer Miller read 26 prep school novels. Here are her nine favorites. From HuffPo
- British pop star Cheryl Cole thinks it’s time for Americans to forgive Chris Brown for beating up Rihanna. Anybody remember asking her opinion on the matter?
- The Gucci vs. Guess copywright case has finally concluded, with U. S. District Judge Schira Scheindlin ruling in favor of Gucci. But she didn’t wrap things up until she’d had an opportunity to gently bitch slap both parties involved in the bitterly-fought battle— via a well-deployed Oscar Wilde quote. From Racked National